Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Where does time go?

Like all other yahoos who wake up everyday, I am amazed with the passage of time. It's relativity is actually astounding. I can sit here and type about all the things that I feel like I just did yesterday, when I actually did them six months ago. And of course this feeling of relativity explodes once you have children or plants or a pet or something. Something that you can watch grow before your eyes will always pull you back into a complete shock of how fast time flies by. And I know that none of this is new. We still around at lunch muttering "oh I can't believe how fast summer got here" or "wow, I feel like we just celebrated Christmas."

Part me thinks that we say these things because there are inevitable and unenviable tasks associated with certain months. For example, everybody knows that April is a bummer because of tax season, even if you file your taxes before then.

"Ugh, I can't believe April is here already." 

October is the same way! Because you know that once Halloween is gone, its Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then New Year's day, and then tax season again.

No comments:

Post a Comment